Saturday, October 31, 2009

Interactive art.

I think one of the most interesting ideas I have come across in exploring the web has been what is called Internet art. It is art that is user based, meaning the visitor needs to act in order for art to be created. The first such encounter, and probably still my favourite, is the Jackson Pollock experience. It took me months to discover clicking makes it a much more colourful work. Then there are the more weird art projects, like the Sheep collection this site is kind of strange but it gives insight into how we all vary in our perceptions of the world. Personally I prefer to have a bit more interaction, I mean that is what Web 2.0 is all about. So sites like Neave offer more variety, and more distractions.
One that I find to be almost medative is called Tinygrow, its where you build your own imaginary garden or forest. Then ofcourse there are the basic drawring sites, that are fun for a short period but really don't entice a very long stay. My two faverotes are when you get to be Picasso and one where you get to be your own Painting self.

No comments:

Post a Comment