Saturday, October 31, 2009

Final words.



Trying to adapt by Ric Stultz

AT the end of all this digital wandering through the web I've found it to be both exciting and frustrating. Exciting because there is so much out there, and frustrating because at times it was too much and time was always of the essence. My favourite way to go for a wander is definitely Stumble Upon it's like my internet tour guide. Knowing exactly what I like it takes me for a walk and points out all the more interesting sights or in this case sites. Just to make things more fun here is a little something it showed me the other day, an image by Ric Stultz, I feel this image is particularly poignant to our education in Web 2.0 - sometimes through out this class I felt a little like this.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's an awesome image.

    It's true, there's so much out there it can seem overwhelming. All we can do is absorb what we can, without forgetting that sometimes stuff that's different and challenging to our usual tastes and views can be enriching too.

    And also to remember that the internet is always there, but there's life outside of it. We can't keep up with all of it, so we should just do the best we can and remember to keep getting on with life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all walking, talking USB Flash sticks. I am a super happy floppy diskette. She is an eternal email account with unlimited downloading disc space. He is an 80GB Ipod Touch who hates being touched. Your uncle is a Facebook addict who shoots up status reports every hour. My best friend is an iPhone 3GS with a multitude of free applications all telling her how to focus on the REAL world. My greatest enemy is a kung fu PC with no virus software. My Grandfather was a nice old man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently heard a story about a man in Russia who had his finger transformed into a USB stick after an accident. Can anyone confirm this outrageous thing? Maybe one day will all have a USB extension... eew... yuck.

    ReplyDelete